Saturday 27 February 2016

TPA Live Review: O.R.k / Thumpermonkey / Landskap / The Earls of Mars / KoMaRa - The Underworld, Camden, London, 21st Feb 2016

O.R.k / Thumpermonkey / Landskap / The Earls of Mars / KoMaRa - The Underworld, Camden

You can read the full TPA Review here

KoMaRa...At times I was just lost in the moment, the sounds and pulses, rhythms and stark edges sweeping me away in a hypnotic weave. This is music to be heard in the present, at the point of creation on stage, and KoMaRa delivered beyond all expectations.
The Earls of Mars...the tight musicianship and Harry’s madman persona kept everything ticking over nicely. Six songs, the result a fantastically entertaining set that kept me smiling from start to finish.
Landskap...On a different night I think they would have worked better for me but my mind had already been taken to a very different place and I’m afraid that Landskap didn’t really do it to me. I enjoyed the EP when I went to have a listen after the gig and will certainly visit them again upon the release of their forthcoming next album.
Thumpermonkey...The angular guitar of Michael Woodman and deft keys from Rael Jones probed and questioned while the rhythm from drummer Ben Wren and current Guapo bassist Sam Warren nailed everything down beautifully...It’s very difficult to properly absorb new music like this in a live environment but I can’t wait to hear it in its finished form.
O.R.k...This is a band that tick lots of boxes: the playing is superb, the music edgy and unsettling but also not difficult to appreciate and in Lef they have a fine frontman. I hope they continue to work together, as a unit they are something of a dream team and tonight’s performance was immense.

No comments:

Post a Comment